Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday 19 November 2013

England v Germany

England v Germany: Steven Gerrard hopes back injections will prolong his career for at least another two campaigns

 

Steven Gerrard is hoping that a series of special back injections last week will help extend his career for at least another two seasons after crediting the procedure for his improved fitness and consistency.
The injections help to support and tighten the ligaments in Gerrard’s hip and are part of an individual programme that ensured the Liverpool captain missed only two Premier League games last season after also playing every England match at Euro 2012.
“I have them [the injections] every couple of years,” said Gerrard. “My game-return since I had the first ones a couple of years ago surprised myself really. My game has been really good so I'm hoping I can get the same game-return from this set that I've had."
“I wouldn’t have them if I didn’t feel any benefit from them. The reason I went in for these recently is because I’ve felt so good physically over the last couple of years.”
Gerrard, 33, now expects to be similarly robust for Liverpool this season and at next summer’s World Cup when he could be asked to play as many as seven matches in 28 days. “I think I proved in the last tournament I was fit and available for all the games in a short space of time so I’m assuming it will be the same in Brazil,” he said.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment