Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Malky Mackay: Tan won't meet with me

Malky Mackay: Tan won't meet with me

 

CARDIFF, Wales (AP)

After expecting to be fired over the weekend, Cardiff manager Malky Mackay says the club's owner won't meet with him.


The Scot looked certain to lose his job after receiving an e-mail ultimatum last week from owner Vincent Tan to resign or be fired.
Mackay refused to resign and chairman Mehmet Dalman said Sunday the manager would remain in charge for the "foreseeable future."
Mackay says "the e-mail deeply upset me. I declined to resign and expected to be sacked over the weekend."
Mackay says two requests to meet Tan this week had been rejected, and adds "I don't know if we can talk. Mehmet has been trying to do this for three months."

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment